Tuesday, January 17, 2017

THE SHEER HORROR KNOWN AS "THE DEATH OF RICHIE" - 1977 MADE FOR TV MOVIE TEENS & DRUGS

Greetings all - The Death Of Richie is rightfully regarded as one of the greatest TV movies of all time. A teens and drugs coming of age saga, it's expertly acted and propelled Robbie Benson right into orbit. I watched this the night it first aired in 1977, I was 14....The Horror!! Pinewoods Rating System - Four Pinewoods

The Death of Richie (1977)

"Ripped from the headlines" TV movies have gotten a bad rap over the years-and deservedly so. After all, most such projects combine sensationalism and superficiality to create stupidity. Yet the law of averages ensures that some timely telefilms are bound to be worthwhile.

The Death of Richie

From the title alone I knew this wasn't going to be a comedy. 1977's The Death of Richie is one of about 20 movies I watch to help me go to sleep. I have no idea why I'd pick this one, it's just so happy. Richie (Robby Benson) is a big time drug addict.

THE SHEER HORROR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment