LATEST ROCK N ROLL OBSCURITIES FROM THOH RECOMMENDED BLOGS

ED'S ATTIC

HEAVYBOOTZ

SOUNDABOARD

BOOTLEG KINGDOM

BIG O's

BB CHRONICLES

BURNING THE GROUND - 80's & 90's VINYL REMIXES

ROCK ON VINYL

VOODOO WAGON

PLUM DUSTY'S PAGE (FLAC ONLY)

NOISE ADDICTION II

SOMETHING ELSE! MUSIC BLOG

SO MANY ROADS TO EASE MY SOUL

MIDNIGHT CAFE BOOTLEGS

Saturday, February 25, 2017

PETER GABRIEL 1977! - PG 1 TURNED 40 TODAY, PG's SITE ARTICLE + ROCHESTER '77 BOOT THE HORROR

I so remember where I was when this came out and specifically when I first heard it as I was going to a boarding school in 11th grade way out in the boonies of Central Arizona. Lamb Lies Down had been my compass and bible for a couple years and I could not wait to hear this so when I got back to the dorm, I ran to my room, slammed the door and put the record on a Technics turntable with Pioneer headphones. I was not disappointed and as the paths split, I would go on to follow PG closely and Collins-led Genesis for an album or two and then not much at all.....The Horror!!

It was 40 years ago today... - PeterGabriel.com

Peter's first solo album was released 40 years ago today! "This record was my first step as a solo artist, the first step away from being a part of a band. I was uncertain of what I could or couldn't do so went with some of Bob Ezrin's choice of musicians (including Tony Levin)...

Shitty mic alert on this one, one of those tragic ones because the taper is close and has a good mix of all the instruments. With good mics, this could have been a really sweet capture, but don't get me wrong, we'll take any PG show from this era and this one, the 2nd of the tour....The Horror!! 7daylink Rating B+
THE HORROR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ENJOY!

ENJOY!